1. Create your secret and essential records on the Shared Trust app. The encrypted record is stored on a secure cloud database. See the FAQ for examples of information you should store securely.
2. Nominate trusted parties that can vouch on your condition.
3. Specify the conditions under which a specific trusted party has access to specific secret records (you do not have to choose a trusted party if the information will always be for your eyes only).
4. Specify the minimum number of trusted parties that need to report your status (missing, disabled or deceased) before your secret records are accessible to them.
5. Specify the number of days to elapse before your records are accessible after your status was reported by the minimum number of trusted parties. You will receive a notification in the case that you are okay and want to cancel the request to share your records at this time.